Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Terrifying Tuesdays

I've decided to start a new horror themed book meme: Terrifying Tuesdays!

Each week I'll put up a quote from a kids' or YA horror book that I've found particularly creepy. Feel free to use my graphic and link back to my blog if you'd also like to take part, and be sure to comment below so I can check it out. Here we go!


There was no moon and no movement in the underbrush but our own, and yet somehow I knew just when to raise my flashlight and just where to aim it, and for an instant in that narrow cut of light I saw a face that seemed to have been transplanted directly from the nightmares of my childhood. It stared back with eyes that swam in dark liquid, furrowed trenches of carbon-black flesh loose on its hunched frame, its mouth hinged open grotesquely so that a mass of long eel-like tongues could wriggle out.
- from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, p. 33

2 comments:

  1. A mass of eel-like tongues? Sounds like the worst date EVER! Just tweeted your image link. And I really like your banner doll :)

    naima haviland

    ReplyDelete